Friday, December 3, 2010

Series 7 Securities Exam Prep - Chapter 28

No book in today's mail. That's okay because I still have five chapters to go.

This one was on Risk and Client Portfolio. Missed 4. ?s 3, 5, 13, 14.

Missed a question on Standard Deviation. I could not remember the formula. As an aside, can I just tell you that Lorin stole the "o" key off of the keyboard and while I am still able to type it on the bare optics, it is incredibly annoying, and I have began to look for synonyms so as to avoid words without "o" in them. I digress...

somehow we were supposed to solve for the standard deviation, but the question didn't give the expected ROR to us, and in the answer it talks like it did, so maybe i missed something. anyhow, that'd be another formula to add to the memorization pile.

what is variance and what does it tell investors. i knew better, but i got caught up in the head game here. the answer i should have picked didn't specifically say anything about the risk and the answer i chose did.

I also knew better on the question on Beta. It asked if a stock has a beta of 3 what does that mean, and the answer i chose was solely three times as volatile as the market. i considered the selection that would have included the stock moving at a rate 3% greater than the market...but since the question didn't mention that the stock moved at 1% I left it out. no surprises there.

what i am surprised to learn I have missed is the definition of systemic risk. the answer is B according to the answer (I said C), but then it explains the choice of c. is the new book here yet??

*looks out window*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well do you have a good reference to read to for series 24 license course or exam?