Thursday, November 20, 2008

Harvest Time in Harvest

The name of the town we live in here is Harvest, AL. Alabama has a beautiful fall season. The foliage peak is a little later than I think most area's is, it hits right around Halloween. Since we live about 6 miles from town, we drive by a lot of beautiful countryside during our trips to civilization.

I can't describe and didn't take pictures of how vivid and diverse the colors of the leaves are here. It is prettier than the Wasatch Mountains, and those of you in Utah know that is pretty spectacular. Washington state has a fall foliage, but nothing too grand, as a majority of their trees are Evergreen. We have Evergreen trees here, too, but lots of other trees I've never seen grown before.

I remember when Dapo and I came here on our home finding trip two years ago. The cotton had just been harvested (they harvest corn mid-end September and cotton mid-end October) and some of the picked over cotton balls were still hanging on to the stalks. "OMG! Is that cotton?!!?! Honey, look!" Both Dapo and the realtor thought I was nuts. I couldn't help it, it was something that only existed in history books to me.

Anyhow, here are some pictures of cotton right before harvest time.



No comments: