Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Friday the 30th

They say all good things must come an end. This is especially true of pregnancy! I had my weekly OB visit and my blood pressure was 144/88, I gained one pound and the heartbeat was 155. She did not wiggle and squirm as much today, I suspect she must be engaged and didn't have as much liberty to do so.

Dr. Rushing said I am dilated to "a good 3", am both thinning and softening and she is still "a little high". He said hold on and left the exam room. I told the nurse that must be good because he never leaves and comes back. He asked what am I doing on Friday? I said, having this baby, I hope!

He did tell me if my water breaks or I start contracting that I need to "come on". I relayed to him that I am not interested in keeping this child in my body any longer than absolutely necessary, so not to worry about me trying to "wait it out" till Friday!

We had Jimi on a Friday, also, Friday the 13th. It is nice because you have the weekend in the hospital and then spend a full week at home by yourselves. My parents are coming in the following Friday, the 6th. So this means we are moving the naming ceremony for the baby back a week to Sunday the 8th.

We don't know that we will have internet access in the hospital, so don't expect pix and/or updates until next week. If we can post them sooner, we'll surprise you! Till then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow a 3!!! I bet you will have her before friday! She is getting ready!

Anonymous said...

Come on Baby Eso!! :)