Monday, July 21, 2008

Forever and a Day


I couldn't help it...he just looks so precious here. Even if his white shirt has BBQ on it! He looked so cute in his red, white and blue
Dapo is also wearing blue. "A" for effort.
Fireworks from across the road


I know, I know. I'm a slacker. There's just so much that's been going on.

Let's start at the beginning of July. My parents came for a visit from the 9th-16th. So, I spent the 1st-8th cleaning the house, changing sheets, grocery shopping...that sort of thing. I haven't had much energy, nor have I felt well, so it has just been one thing at a time.

The Fourth of July was spent here at home amongst ourselves. We did BBQ. At dark the guy across the main road from us puts on a big show. I mean big show. Must cost him thousands of dollars. We put Jimi to bed, er, IN bed around 8 hoping to beat the bangs. Of course he wasn't able to sleep through it, but we took the monitor outside because we thought it'd be worse for him outside. So, we sat in our lawn chairs and had sweet tea and popcorn and hooted and hollered at the other guys' investment. It was pretty good. I tried to take pix, but fireworks are tricky!

Jimi turned one last Sunday, so I'll have to do a special blog just on that.

And since then, I've spent the days sleeping and eating and chasing after Jimi.

Alright, now for some meat and potatoes...the birthday blog.

No comments: