Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Names

As I laid down for a nap today, I went to a familiar rite of mulling over baby names to fall asleep. I didn't come up with any names, but I did realize that there are a lot of names that double as male and female names. I don't know why I found it amusing, but I began to try to think of as many as I could.

Here's my list. If you wanna play along, add a comment:

Kari/Carey
Lou
Sam
Pat
Mel
Lee/Leigh
Don/Dawn
Madison
Jordan
Cameron
Chris
Renee
Jim/Gem (truly outrageous)
Jean/Gene
Corey
Kim
Lesley
Lonnie
Lynn
Added 7/31
Loren
Andy/Andie
Stacey
Tracey
Tony/Toni
Terry/Teri
Charlie
Gwen
Glen(n)
Joe/Jo

There seemed to be more when it was all in my head, so as I remember them I'll add onto the post.

6 comments:

Heasleye said...

how 'bout

Stacey
Ryan
Reagan


Ethan and I had an evening alone as Seth was at rehearsal tonight. I decided to treat him to a Baskin Robbins ice cream cone, a place we've gone just once, maybe twice, before. Hair in pony tail, glasses, sporting more weight than my body should be allowed to have, we walk in there, and I hear my name. Nancy Speiler (from SOLV)is there, too! The irony is not lost on me that the former PRISM leader has been "caught" at the ice-cream shop, not looking like it's only her second time there. Good grief. Ah well, she's super sweet, and looked terrific. Unfortunately, she was divorced a couple years ago, but she's still at SOLV, and told me that dear Linda Klein is retiring next week. I think I'll send a card. Thought you might enjoy hearing that!

Eso said...

Good for Linda. And forget about the ice cream thing, I'm sure she didn't even give it a second thought.

Heasleye said...

Michael/Michal

(My mom's new husband is named Michal...says his young mom didn't know how to spell...that's usually how a female Michal would spell her name.)

Eso said...

yep those are all so good. I didn't realize your mom had remarried...how is that for you?

Heasleye said...

It's been difficult in ways I didn't expect. Lots of stuff to work through and process. The whole situation is not easy or enjoyable, but I'm praying for growth.

Aunt Sher said...

Look at you two ex-SOLV people catching up on the folks there. It's kind of like an ex-SOLV blog, huh.