Monday, July 28, 2008

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall


Admiring his hard work...and his good looks
Any meany miny mo...
Three different holes
All smiles
Here you can see the peach pic and blue bottom paint, too

When my mom was here, we drove by a mirror in a showcase at a store called Kirkland's. It was on sale for $40. On Saturday I went to return some pillows at the fabric store that we bought the material for the window seat from. Kirkland's is in the same shopping center, so I thought I'd pop in and see if I could live without it or not.

As it turns out, I didn't really care for that one, but they had bunches of mirrors on sale for $40. Including the one I found that had a regular price of $99. I knew that this one matched my cherry furniture and decor much better than any of their other selection. It's heavy; so I had one of the staff help me out with it during what I later learned was a 5" an hour thunderstorm downpour. I was drenched to the point of transparency in under a minute!

Since it is so heavy, we wanted to make sure that it got hung on studs. The hangers on the mirror were 41" apart, so we really only needed to find one stud. I am a pretty good stud finder, but it has been about 4 years since I last looked. After quite an ordeal trying to find every stud on that wall (including my darling husband's bloody knuckles) we decided to hang it up (no pun intended) and buy a stud finder in the morning.

Somehow our well thought-out plan resulted in a missed measure of about 5 inches on the width from hanger to hanger. So, another molly screw and off we go. It hung, but with a variance of an inch in depth from left to right side. Not level. Again with the molly screws. Finally, after all that hard work, a mirror hangs from our wall. For what it's worth, here's pix of Dapo and the mirror. We were still 1/4 inch off, but the bubble was inside of the level marks so I had compassion on my hubby and called it done.

6 comments:

Heasleye said...

Aren't those big mirrors a pain to hang? Been there...done that! BTW...did you watch FN Next Big Star?

Eso said...

Yeah! I love FN and the Next Big Star, and I hate that Aaron won!

Heasleye said...

Really? Why? I thought they all pulled off a good pilot and before they announced the winner, I already felt sad for the other two. So, I didn't have very strong feelings about a particular one winning. I figured the judges would choose Aaron. I don't know that I'll watch his show, but I was happy for him.

Eso said...

Well, I wanted either Lisa or Adam to win, that's why. I thought the internet idea was super-clever and I loved everything Lisa made...I would have watched her shows. I hate fish, but I wanted that black cod recipe!

Eso said...

Well, I wanted either Lisa or Adam to win, that's why. I thought the internet idea was super-clever and I loved everything Lisa made...I would have watched her shows. I hate fish, but I wanted that black cod recipe!

Heasleye said...

Lisa really grew on me, and I think I would have tuned into her show. I wouldn't be surprised if maybe she gets some other interesting deals out of this whole thing...maybe Fine Living Network will pick her up, or a book deal, or ??? She seems very driven and multi-talented. I hope she can loosen up a bit more! :) Like when she broke out singing in Vegas. That was great!