Monday, June 16, 2008

Another walk?

But I don't wanna go for a walk

Oh say does that Star-Spangled Banner yet wave?
How'd Daddy get in there?
Jimi by the river walk

Playing with the rocks, ready to make his move

It was so hot there, that is why many of the pictures are taken at or near sundown, like this one of the fountain.

On the last evening of the conference, Dapo got to go to a fancy dinner with the Conference participants. Children were not welcomed, so I stayed behind with Jimi.

The picture of me holding the cellphone is when Daddy called to check in on us and to let us know around what time he'd be home. Daddy was hungry and everyone else was looking at art at the Smithsonian (that's also where dinner was held).

Since Jimi spent so much time either in our room, or in a stroller, I wanted to let him crawl around and get into stuff. What better place than a path of pebbles?? I knew he REALLY wanted to eat the rocks, so I had my eye on him. But, he outsmarted me, and as I reached for the camera to take a picture, GULP, down the rocks went. I did manage to scrape a few out of his mouth, but not before he pitched a fit that made the entire courtyard look our way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! I love that you put pictures up! Your trip looks like it was lots and lots of fun. I agree that the hope diamond is for your new ring! he he! Jimi is so beautiful! I want to give him lots of hugs and kisses!

Heasleye said...

Hah! I found you! I'm looking forward to catching up and reading your past posts! Congrats on baby #2!!
Something just happened I thought you might find amusing...
Somehow I opened your blog in two separate windows. I had my volume turned off, but then I saw your playlist running so I hit the volume up to see what was on. A very jarring combination of sound hit my ears and I though, "I know Kari liked rockin' music, but this?...this is a bit much." I saw it was Lakewood, and I had just bought some new music at Christian Supply last night (Switchfoot), and I was glad I had not picked up any Lakewood! Then I realized I had two windows open and both were playing music and it was not synched up! Hah! Whew! Your musical tastes aren't so bad after all! :)