Monday, June 16, 2008

Learning to Swim

Proud Papa
Sunset on the Potomac
Dapo helps Jimi up onto the chair where dancing ensues
Jimi gets ready for his lesson
I loved the sun over the river

Baba ke (Big boy)
Jimi had a bunch of fun!
More fun
He wasn't too sure about the lifejacket
Ready for a dip!
Mommy snuck into the pool and Daddy handed me to her...it was kinda cold
After awhile I got the hang of things

A few months ago I bought Jimi a life jacket at Costco. And some swimming diapers, and some swim shorts. The only thing left to do was go swimming! We tried to do so in Dallas, but it was too cold, and they had thunderstorms most of the time we were there, anyhow. So, we packed it all up because I knew we'd have time to swim in DC! At first, Jimi did not know what to think. Eventually, he realized the pool was just like a big bathtub and started to relax. By the end of our swim session, he was floating on his back by himself. I saw a special on Today where a guy can get children to learn how to turn face up in case they fall in water. Some people say that children shouldn't learn to swim before age 4, but I think may have been being pulled at the back of a boat with a rope on something by the time I was 4! My mom brought to my attention they didn't have car seats when we were kids and we all turned out just fine!

Afterwards, we went out to the deck of the pool which is outside, and where the jacuzzi was that Dapo was pictured in. The sun was beginning to set and I took a moment to get some shots of my guys. Dapo started dancing with Jimi and I took a video. It is a bit large, but once I can post it here I will.

No comments: