Friday, June 20, 2008

Treasure Hunt

Dapo reads his card and first clue
Closet Clue
Jimi's Room
BBQ
Lawnmower Back of Car

Last Sunday was Dapo's first Fathers Day. I got him a mini-fridge, and Jimi got him soda and juice to put inside it. Of course we got him a sentimental card, and then Jimi made Dapo the cutest card in nursery at church on Sunday. It was made of construction paper and had Jimi's "little" hand prints on it. So cute!

Dapo got his gift from us on Saturday night, because the mini-fridge was too heavy for me to carry, and we take my car to church on Sundays, and I didn't want to lug it along.

I set up a series of clues and led Dapo on a treasure hunt: starting in the kitchen to his closet, Jimi's room, the BBQ, the lawnmower and then to the back of the CRV. He really seemed to enjoy the clues and the thrill of the hunt. Jimi and I tagged along behind him and a couple of times after Dapo would find the clue Jimi would giggle. I don't think he knew what was happening, except that Daddy was really happy about something, and the excitement was building.

When Dapo got to the final clue he looked genuinely thrilled. I pack a lunch for him everyday except for Friday, and his company's lunchroom is so far from his office he doesn't bother to store his lunch in the fridge. Besides, we all know how disgusting work fridges are. So, I thought that he would enjoy having his meals kept cool until reheating, as well as having a few Cokes in the drawer. Turns out I was right.

Well, he deserves to enjoy that little bit of happiness. He is SUCH a good father, and a good husband, and a good man as well. He is so kind to everyone and he never has a bad word to say about anyone. All it takes is a little freon to make him happy!

2 comments:

Heasleye said...

Looks like you did great for Father's Day!

Will you shoot me an email sometimes, just so I can confirm I still have the correct address?

Thanks!

Heasleye said...

Good grief..."sometimes" I can spell corr3ctly.