Monday, June 16, 2008

More of DC











So we spent Tuesday out on a site-seeing tour on a trolley with the heat index well over 100. We spent most of the time around the Smithsonian's simply to enjoy air conditioning. That, and a lot of water drinking, and bathroom stopping. We saw the Union Station, Capitol Hill, Smithsonian Museums, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, WWII Memorial, and the White House.

I guess when Congress is in session, the flags above the capitol fly and when it's not they take them down. They are flying...I wonder if Clinton, Obama and McCain were in their offices?

The jewel you see is the Hope Diamond. That was a site to behold. If you didn't know it, I lost my wedding ring about three months ago and joked with Dapo that I found the diamond for my ring. The strange space thing is the Apollo, from the Space & Air flight museum. We spent a lot of time there. There were simulators that you could pretend to fly a plane and shoot bad guys. I went and bought us tickets, we were going to take turns watching Jimi while the other did the ride. I got in, buckled, and was about to close the door when it dawned on me, "I'm pregnant". The lady told me no problem, there was another ride I could go on and take Jimi while Dapo did the shoot 'em up. In his words, "it was cool". I think we'd all agree, that was the only thing that was!

No comments: