Sunday, December 28, 2008

Big Boy Blue

I guess I didn't think my body was in enough pain. I spent the day yesterday doing hard labor, and not the kind that ends up with a baby in your arms! I painted Jimi's room. With temps in the 70's yesterday, it was a good day to do it so that I could open the window. It is all part of getting ready for the baby. In order for the baby to come, I had to do Jimi's room. More on my rationale later.

We are buying a second, convertible crib that we will give to Jimi and then give the baby Jimi's crib. It can be a toddler bed when he is ready. His Grammy and Grandpa got him a cute little table and chair set so he can color, etc. on a table his size. They also got him a couple of cute outfits and legos. Two hundred pieces of joy.

One of the things we got him for Christmas was big boy bedding. Even though it is for a toddler bed, I put it in his crib because the mattress is the same size. His walls really needed to be painted because the previous owners of our house had a flat paint on them. Flat paints don't scrub, and aren't a good idea for a child's room. Besides, I wanted to make the room more "his" and more like a boy's room. We had set it up as a nursery before I knew whether he was a boy or a girl, so it was very gender neutral, and kinda girlie at that.

So, we moved all of his gender neutral/kinda girlie decor over to Sissy's room, and turned his room into a big boy room. I'm not 100% done, but we have new bedding, new paint, new dresser drawers (in the closet), new drums and a new table and chairs. I also took out the changing table, which I am hopefully going to replace with a changing table/hamper combo if I can find what I am looking for. I also want to install shelving and find a couple of craft drawers types of things to put his drumsticks and crayons and paper in.

Now I am going to box up all of his clothes which are 2T and/or short sleeved. Then I will make his old dresser Sissy's dresser (it's already in her room, just needs to be organized). I am going to put my rocker in there, and try to find a lamp. The window in her room faces the front of the house, so there is a window and then a half-moon window on top of that. I found some window covering that you can cut to size and then put up to filter light from coming in and I have a valance Dapo will be installing.

So far we have moved around four different rooms in preparation for this child. I guess you could say five if you count the bassinet in our room. We had to move the study to accommodate the musical instruments, because we had to move the instruments in order to make the music room the guest room. We had to move the guest room in order to put the baby in a room in the same hall as the bathroom and to not get afternoon sun, and we had to move Jimi's room into a big boy's room so that all the baby things would be in the baby's room.

I also had Dapo install her car seat in my car and so that is ready to go. I am going to pack soon, just to be ready and not have to do anything but sleep, eat, pee and chase Jimi for three weeks. Oh, and blog and facebook.








No comments: