Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Drop In

The baby dropped over the weekend, and now there is a lot of pressure in my pelvic region. She is not sitting so high, which I haven't really had the opportunity to enjoy, since I am so preoccupied with waddling. Interestingly, I have been sleeping BETTER since this occurred, catching over 8 hours of only-once interrupted sleep on three separate occasions since Friday. Dapo hasn't been snoring and Jimi hasn't been waking up early. Wow. God is working on my behalf! I would love it to last, but if it doesn't, it has been a well-needed, much-appreciated reprieve.

The other thing is I have had my only craving since my 2nd trimester. I was really craving Greek Souvlaki from Yanni's, a restaurant in SLC. Once I started thinking about it, I posted it as my status on facebook and the buzz increased my desire for it. Greek Souvlaki from Yanni's is basically a shishkabob served with lemon rice, a pita bread and a side salad with greek dressing. I looked up a recipe for the souvlaki online, and a friend of mine, Mikal, found a recipe for lemon rice. I made it and Dapo and I really enjoyed it, while Jimi turned his nose up at the chicken, rice AND pita bread! I thought he would at least like the pita bread.

Speaking of Jimi, I wanted to blog down the antibiotic that seems to be the only one that only has to be administered once a day, and only 3/4 tsp at that. It also only has to be taken for 3 days instead of 10. He hates taking medicine (who doesn't?) and is a very good wiggler/spitter/trickster. Anyhow, the last time he got sick he fought it pretty well but after about 2 weeks I took him to the Dr. and got this prescription. They always want to prescribe amoxicillin, which he proceeds to vomit and have diarrhea with. I finally started telling them "he's allergic" rather than, "can you give him something else?". I don't really think he's allergic, but that's the only way they listen to me! The antibiotic is called Zithromax and is usually only prescribed by the youngest Doctor on call at his pediatrician's office. Now I will have this in case I need to remember what it was called, and I can throw the bottle away now!

I go to the Diabetes Center tomorrow for a visit and I also have my OB/GYN visit tomorrow. If my numbers and food choices are satisfactory to the RD at the DC, I won't have to return for any more visits and/or classes. Hopefully I pass because I think the alternative is insulin shots. YUCK. I am also hopeful to have Dr. Rushing tell me a little about when he thinks this sweet baby girl is coming. I simply cannot tolerate the pressure/waddling for another 6 weeks. Although, she does not have a name yet, but that is the least of my concerns! I will name her in the hospital if I must!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

arrrrg the end of pregnancy!