Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sleigh Ride Together

My family has a Christmas tradition. Usually on the 23rd of December we load up the car with cookies and hot cocoa and go drive around and look at Christmas lights (when I was older I learned the adults' cocoa was really coffee and Kahlua). Since we moved here I have made Dapo drive me around each Christmas. This year it was extra special, having Jimi old enough to be amused by it all.

Tonight Dapo, Jimi and I went out to look at the lights. I saved two carbs from dinner so that I could "afford" the hot cocoa without sending my blood sugar skyrocketing. Jimi settled for warm milk. We had delicious white chocolate peppermint cocoa! We drove around an area by our house that has $400k homes with like budgets for lights.

We saw lots of inflatable snowmen, Santas and reindeer. Jimi was genuinely interested in the lights, as was I. I am glad he is tall enough to see out the window with ease. We listened to a "black tie Christmas" jazz CD, which I enjoyed very much. With the temps in the 60's this week, it truly was lovely weather for a sleigh ride together!

1 comment:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a great tradition!