Friday, November 12, 2010

Securities Licensing Exam - Chapter 1

I got 6/15, missing questions 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 & 15 on stabilizing bids, penalty bid clause (when syndicates dump shares back onto underwriters), commercial paper (as it relates to being exempt from SEC regulation), where equity securities trade in the secondary market (I thought NYSE, but it is actually the exchange the company has been listed with), what the lead u/w in a Public Offering earns for each share sold by the syndicate - management fee. i said u/w spread, who attends due dilligence meetings (issuer, u/w and syndicate. i chose only issuer, u/w), what happens to Western account syndicate when there are shares remaining under the agreemnt (I said selling group required to purchase the shares, but the syndicate is required to place them in their own account - similar concept, wrong type of people), and two questions on calculating management fee points/syndicate members.

I was a little bit shocked to see how badly I did on this as I usually test well. But this is entirely foreign material, with lots of regulations and exceptions and so on.

No comments: