Sunday, November 14, 2010

Series Securities Licensing Exam - Chapter 7

This was a hard chapter to study simply because of the amounts of time I was interrupted, and my direct proximity to the action of the household throughout the day.

I got 11/15, 73%. I believe the passing grade is 75%, so I have work to do. One thing I am realizing is that I need to study the ratios, how to calculate bond yields, things of this nature...anything with a formula.

I got questions 1, 7, 8, 14 wrong. Military expenses are "discretionary" spending and not an "entitlement program" like Medicaire, government securities carry little risk, and are direct obligations of the government. Also, I calculated $14 correctly (semi-annual interest) but I forgot to divide the answer in 1/2 to answer the question.

Just glad to be done with that one. Oh, and I dreamed about interest rates and charts last night. Dapo said that means I am really digesting the information. I said yeah, if I can't think of the answer I will just fall asleep during the exam and wake up with the answer. That sounded funnier when we said it than when I typed it.

Chapter 8 tomorrow. Good night!

No comments: