Monday, November 29, 2010

Series 7 Securities Licensing Exam - Chapter 22

Got four ?s wrong. 1, 2, 9, 14. Also, I always have a couple I guess at that I get right. Of course, there are always a couple that I guess at and get wrong, too. :0)

Questions were on function of an investment company (pool investors funds, offers mgmt of funds, maintains diversified investments.) the price of the securities is determined by the market.

face amt certificates investors can redeem prior to maturity, but do not receive the FULL face amt...what they receive is determined by a formula. I answered that Mortgage owners had to buy them...because I thought it was the lenders who at one point in time had to. but it was the lenders that made the borrowers buy them.

REITs do not pay taxes on their ordinary income if they redistribute 95% of it to its investors.

#14 I got wrong for not reading it well...Investment companies must register w/SEC, offer a prospectus and solicit proxies for matters requiring shareholder approval. Investment objectives can be changed by a majority approval of STOCKHOLDERS and the answer said MANAGEMENT.

I knew better.

So, I'm starting to see some familiar concepts and terms and so the material is a little easier to read. At least in this chapter. I'm 2/3 of the way through the book.

Will order a new book on Tuesday...hopefully the new book will be here by the time I'm done reading the next 10 chapters in this book. haha...that shouldn't be a problem.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you have one for series 10? I guess some people would be like looking for it I guess. So just a suggestion on it.

Unknown said...

How many series that
securities licensing have? Can you also post some of those?