Friday, November 12, 2010

Securities Licensing Exam - Chapter 2

I did a little better on this morning's studying. Getting 10/16 or 62.5%. This is a good improvement on yesterday's 40% exam, but is still beneath the 75% benchmark needed to pass the 250 question exam.

I missed questins 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 16 on dual listing (this is a major exchange and a regional exchange...cannot be NYSE and AMEX dual members), I missed two questions on agent commissions and dealer mark ups as I had them switched in my mind (but I have a good way to remember - insurance AGENTS make commissions, car DEALERS mark up the invoice), two questions on upticks and short sales (there was a ticker and when could you short sale...I kept thinking that the share price needed to go down, since that is what a short sale is...but now I realize it has to have a zero plus uptick or uptick in order for the sale to be PLACED. this is to prevent the bear raids), and a question on the definition of an insider in the Insider Trading and SFEA of 1988 which I missed b/c I answered the officer, director and 10% ownership answer...which was either in the 1933 or 1934 act...the 1988 Act changes the insider definition to anyone who acts based on material, nonpublic information.

No comments: