Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Series 7 Securities Licensing Exam - Chapter 25

Annuitites

I really like annuities. I think they are a good way to create income in retirement, barring something I cannot see. The investments grow tax-deferred and when you get your distribution you will likely be at a lower tax bracket than when you were in your asset accumulation phase.

I did well on the test, missing two. #8, 13.

the SEC considers the separate account a security and the separate account which technically is the annuity must register with the SEC. the explanation admits to this being a tricky question, albeit one with "only one correct answer".

a mortality guarantee is an annuitant agreeing to receive payments for life. i thought it was the agreed period of time, but that is actually called a period certain.

5 comments:

Mrs. Duh said...

You are so smart! Just reading your blog about all this stuff makes my brain hurt! Keep up the great work!

Eso said...

whitney the difference between you and me is that i am reading it out of obligation and you are reading it out of recreation! :0)

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Unknown said...

Well if you are really up to it then understanding it is not that really hard. I am really motivated into reading guides or tips or anything like this just to be able to get more ideas then. Well,even though I am actually getting a series 65 Texas course then.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love reading blogs about securities licensing!! it made me think about being a broker. Keep on posting.