Monday, November 29, 2010

Series 7 Securities Licensing Exam - Chapter 23

Mutual Funds = MUTUAL FUN-ds

Have I mentioned yet that I am dreaming about what I'm reading? Dapo said that it's good it gets in my subconscious, to which i quipped that will be great if i'm at the test and can't think of the answer, I will just fall asleep.

Missed 9, 13, 15. Felt good with material.

Questions missed were about a balanced mutual fund. investors can purchase part of a share, whole shares and the NAV represents the value of the share. I missed this because the answer listed "ONLY" whole shares, along with another choice for fractional shares...so I thought because it said ONLY it had to be wrong since you can buy fractions, anyhow.

i did miss what a letter of discount does...gives a period of 13 months for an investor to purchase a certain dollar amt of shares.

i thought long-term capital gains were capped at 15%, but according to the answer it is 20% - thought the text on p. 469 says 15...capital gains are paid on dividends EVEN if they are reinvested. the only way not to pay cap gains is to invest in mutual funds for munipalities.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It has been such a relief since courses like series 7, series 9 exam and others like series 65 training courses has been available online. Finishing this courses at home has been just more convenient and more cost effective. There is no need to pay for gas or the bus going to the school where the training is available - with online courses, I can finish them at the comfort of my home.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Everyone, I' m Adrik Vadim living in Kurgan City , I want to share with you all on here on how Mr Pedro help me with a loan of 15,000.000.00 Rubles to start up my food beverage delivery after all I have work in several hotels here in kurgan just to earn a living but unfortunate I was still having difficulties to pay a rent but I thank God now that I'm a self employ now with 5 workers working in my care. Just if you are looking for financial freedom I will advise you to contact Mr Pedro with this email below pedroloanss@gmail.com